Menu Of Services
The Chamber intends to create laboratory- an incubator of some sort with a wide array of services that can enhance the capability of the target beneficiaries.
The services include:
GOVERNMENT REPRESENTATION AND LINKAGES – BCCI is the principal organization representing industry and commerce in the province of Bohol. As the acknowledged representative of the business sector. It is represented in key government agencies such as Small and Medium Enterprise Development (SMED) Council as Chairman, Investment Promotions and Revenue Administration through Tax Computerization on USAID’s Governance On Local Democracy (GOLD) Project as Chairman, among others. It is consulted on matters and issues affecting commerce and industry.
POLICY ADVOCACY – BCCI has manifested its role and active stance to be a partner in government towards the pursuit of creating a vibrant local economy. It has been in the forefront of actively advancing opportunity issues at the same time opposing problem issues and concerns which specifically affects the business community and the Boholanos in general.
TRAININGS AND SEMINARS – Basic and advance management courses with emphasis on the technical, marketing and financial capabilities may be conducted as the need arises.
STUDIES AND RESEARCHES –Appropriate studies and research projects may be done to assist pioneering and expanding member companies.
BUSINESS CONSULTANCY – Adoption of the big brother – small brother program wherein the consultants/experts of the more advance and bigger member companies of the chamber extend their expertise to the smaller expertise – expertise on varying fields, on a need basis.
MARKETING ASSISTANCE – Assistance in marketing of products through pro-active linkages with other chambers and buyers.
INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND LINKAGES – Aside from ensuring its own growth as an organization, BCCI facilitates and assists in fast-tracking the development of sectoral associations.
INFORMATION SERVICE – BCCI provides information that will help members improve their individual business endeavors.
|President||:MR. NORRIS C. OCULAM|
|Executive Vice-President||:MS. MARIA PUREZA V. CHATTO|
|Vice-President||:ENGR. FORTUNATO H. LIM|
|Vice-President||:MR. ARGEO J. MELISIMO|
|Secretary||:MS. MARIETTA S. GASATAN|
|Treasurer||:MRS. HELENA ANTONIETA Y. VELOSO|
|Auditor||:ENGR. ALBERT M. UY|
|Board of Trustees|
|ENGR. VICTOR J. BANTOL|
|MR. OBDULIO B. CATURZA, JR.|
|DR. ED T. ESCALONA|
|ATTY. LUCAS M. NUNAG|
|MR. REGINALD G. ONG|
|MR. LORETO M. PALAPOS|
|MS. DINAH L. RAMIRO|
|MR. WARREN U. YAP|
|MR. JOHN U. YAP|
|MR. CARLITO D. RESPONTE|
” The life purpose of the Chamber is to serve as catalyst in the development of legitimate businesses in Bohol.”
The Bohol Chamber of Commerce and Industry envisions itself to be a strong and dynamic chamber serving as “Voice” and “Nucleus” of business committed to the upliftment of the economic, political and social well-being of the Province of Bohol.
The Chamber commits itself to:
1. Forge a cohesive and participative business community;
2. Become partners with government in the implementation of policies and programs;
3. Establish strong and efficient network in business amidst local, regional and global context;
4. Integrate in its activities the social responsibilities of business towards the community; and
5. Respond to changing business environment and work towards sustainable development of new projects.
The Chamber has the following objectives and purposes:
1. To advance the well-being of the Province of Bohol so that its citizens and the business community shall prosper;
2. To foster closer relations, understanding, and cooperation among the agricultural, commercial, industrial, and service sectors of the local economy by unifying them into one strong and solid group for the better enhancement of economic growth and development of the province;
3. To promote self-regulation among all business sectors and provide for mediation and arbitration as the primary methods for the prompt settlement of business disputes, including labor-management disputes; and
4. To promote among its members work efficiency, quality standards, and improvement of productivity.
Leadership and Dynamism
BCCI has a secretariat, composed of an Executive Director and a staff. It now holds office at NIA Compound, Dao District, Tagbilaran City. It has One Hundred Sixty-Six dynamic members actively participating in all activities organized by the chamber, a modest increase of 17 members from year 2006.
BCCI is in the forefront of instituting advocacy programs which geared towards enhancing the business climate especially the tourism industry in the Province of Bohol. It has been actively involved in matters related to the promotion of trade and investments.
BCCI’s stands and comments on local and national issues pertaining to taxation, power and water utilities, wage increase, agrarian reforms, peace and order, tourism, community and social responsibility, and importance of food safety.
The Chamber has established strong linkages and networking with local and provincial government-line agencies and has always been consulted in every venture that the City and Provincial Government undertakes.
The Bohol Chamber of Commerce and Industry not just assesses the shortcomings of the City and Provincial Government but also recognizes and commends individuals and organizations that have gone out of there way to contribute to the progress, safety and well-being of the community and the city as a whole. Photos below show the awarding of cash and certificates to the groups and individuals as an offshoot to the robbery incident of the Bank of Commerce – Tagbilaran branch last Aug. 28, 2007 after which, the suspects were summarily apprehended.
- BCCI President Norris Oculam and Past President Loreto M. Palapos attended the 33rd Philippine Business Conference held at Manila Hotel last October 24-26, 2007.
- BCCI President Norris Oculam attended the Chamber Management Seminar on August 14, 2008 at Parklane Hotel.
- President Norris C. Oculam, Trustee Obduio B. Caturza, Members Victor Taray and Joselino Baritua attended and participated the 17th Visayas Area Business Conference hosted by Mandaue Chamber of Commerce August 14-16, 2008 at Cebu International Convention Center.
- PCCI Specialists, Managers, MOVE Chairperson and Mr. Makoto Kono of JETRO Japan visited the tourist destinations of Bohol last August 16, 2008.